If you are a crafter or artisan who lives in the Washington, DC metropolitan area here is a vending opportunity.
Prince George’s County Health Department, in partnership with the Prince George’s County Public Schools, is hosting its sixth annual Holiday Food & Fitness Expo on November 6, 2010 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., at the Wayne K. Curry Sports and Learning Complex located at 8001 Sherriff Road in Landover Maryland.
The purpose of the Expo is to promote healthy lifestyle behaviors in Prince George’s County, and reduce the incidence of diseases such as diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease.
Last year, over 1000 residents took advantage of the free health screenings, as well as medical and nutritional consultations. This year’s event promises to attract and engage hundreds of County residents in activities including healthy food tasting, cooking contests/demonstrations, and “dance your way to fitness” sessions. We will also have “Ask the Expert” where the community will have the opportunity to interact with health care providers and fitness experts. The expo will host holiday gift/craft vendors. In addition, flu shots will be provided on site. (Appointment required)
We are seeking:
• Supporters willing to purchase advertisement space in our Program/Resource Directory
• Co-sponsors – financial or in-kind contributions (event costs, door prizes, volunteer refreshments, etc)
• Vendors – healthy eating (nutrition), physical fitness trainers, chronic disease management
• Holiday Gift/Craft Vendors (a nominal $40 fee is required)
• Health Care Providers – as vendors or presenters for “Ask the Expert” component
• Volunteers – to assist with logistics on event day
• Restaurants to showcase health menu items
We hope you will be able to attend, participate and/or help us spread the word about this fantastic event.
For additional information, please contact Erin Bradley, Public Information Specialist for the Prince George’s County Health Department, at EMBradley@co.pg.md.us, 301-883-7851 or 1701 McCormick Drive, Largo, MD 20774.
Designed by Audrey will have a booth at this event. I hope that you will be able to participate or will come out to support this worthy cause. If you are not able to attend, please feel free to check out my designs online at DesignedbyAudrey.Artfire.com.